    SubjectRe: Oops when using growisofs
    Date
    On Wednesday 25 June 2008 11:37:00 Jan Kara wrote:
    > > Yeah the IO error is the trigger.
    > > I noticed that it had obvious troubles accessing the DVD that was in the drive.
    > > It sweeped over it for several seconds, then hung the system for 2 or 3 seconds
    > > and then oopsed. But after that everything continued to work as usual.
    > > (Except kded of course)
    > Hmm, by "accessing" do you mean that you've mounted the burned DVD and when
    > browsing it the IO error and the oops occured or that IO error happened
    > when burning? It is important because in the first case i_blkbits would be
    > taken from some ISOFS inode desribing some file while in the second case
    > i_blkbits are from the inode of the device...

    I don't know. kded, which caused the oops, is always running. It is a KDE daemon
    that polls device state and so on. So yeah, it might have accessed the drive
    while growisofs was writing to it.

    However with "accessing" I mean the DVD drive motor was spinning up and down
    and the laser lens was moving like crazy. The sound that happens, if you put
    a completely scratched DVD into the drive and it is unable to make sense of it.
    However, this was not scratched. It was a new DVD with one session on it that
    I just burnt 5 minutes before that. So I wanted to append another session to it
    and it crashed and resulted in IO errors in growisofs.

    --
    Greetings Michael.

      Last update: 2008-06-25 11:49    [W:0.020 / U:1.268 seconds]