    >> Tracepoint
    >> - stored in a section
    >> - dynamic activation
    >> - no message
    >> - export kernel structure
    >> - arguments depending on points
    >> - high frequently called
    >> - no module support (kernel use only)
    > Why Shouldn't kernel module use tracepoint?
    > technical problem? or any plicy exist?

    Good question, I think we don't want to export so much
    kernel internal structures. Since tracepoint tend to export
    raw kernel structure to user module, I thought it might be
    better not to export its interface to modules.

    However, I thought that again, and knew what Peter worried was
    about marker which exports marker list to user space.
    So, the issue is exporting internal structures to user space,
    not to modules. Thus, I think it can support modules also.

    Thank you,

    Masami Hiramatsu

    Software Engineer
    Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
    Software Solutions Division

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-24 19:07    [W:0.042 / U:7.732 seconds]