    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] ipg: add jumbo frame support kconfig option
    Date
    Hi,

    On Sunday 22 June 2008 13:23, Pekka J Enberg wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
    > > The code should enable/disable anything it needs based on the
    > > MTU size in the change_mtu call. If the driver needs to
    > > reallocate buffers, change receiver settings, make sacrifices
    > > to deities, or phone home that is the place to do it. In other
    > > words no compile or config option fro MTU settings please.
    >
    > Right, so how about something like this instead? Andrew, can you
    > test the following patch? You need all the other patches from
    > the previous series modulo the last patch. Thanks!

    Ok, I replaced old ipg-make-jumbo-frame-support-configurable with
    newer version. It works fine, I tuned MTU in the range from 68 to
    10240 bytes )).

    Thanks for the patch, awaiting for it in the main kernel tree.

    Sincerely yours,
    Andrew

      Last update: 2008-06-22 15:11    [W:0.019 / U:98.880 seconds]