SubjectRe: stack overflow on Sparc64
> It could still be improved a lot, however.
>
>> Long-term consideration: Is it possible to implement interrupt stacks on
>> sparc64? Functions on sparc eat stack much more aggressively than on other
>> architectures (minimum stack size for a function is 192 bytes).
>
> I had a patch but at the time I wrote it (several years ago) I
> couldn't make it stable enough to put mainline, I may resurrect it.
>
> I just did a quick scan and I can't find the last copy I had, and
> things have changed enough that I'd probably work from scratch
> anyways.
>
> But the level of recursion possible by the current device layer is
> excessive and needs to be curtained irrespective of these generic
> wakeup and sparc64 interrupt stack issues.

I took another few traces (to track the whole stack content) and there is
another problem: nested interrupts. Does Sparc64 limit them somehow?

sys_call_table
timer_interrupt
irq_exit
do_softirq
__do_softirq
run_timer_softirq
_spin_unlock
sys_call_table
handler_irq
handler_fasteoi_irq
handle_irq_event
ide_intr
ide_dma_intr
task_end_request
ide_end_request
__ide_end_request

Mikulas

  Last update: 2008-06-20 17:51    [W:0.103 / U:0.364 seconds]