    SubjectRe: 2.6.26-rc5-mm3: BUG large value for HugePages_Rsvd
    On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:27:47AM -0500, Jon Tollefson wrote:
    > After running some of the libhugetlbfs tests the value for
    > /proc/meminfo/HugePages_Rsvd becomes really large. It looks like it has
    > wrapped backwards from zero.
    > Below is the sequence I used to run one of the tests that causes this;
    > the tests passes for what it is intended to test but leaves a large
    > value for reserved pages and that seemed strange to me.
    > test run on ppc64 with 16M huge pages

    Yes Adam reported that here yesterday, he found it in his hugetlfs testing.
    I have done some investigation on it and it is being triggered by a bug in
    the private reservation tracking patches. It is triggered by the hugetlb
    test which causes some complex vma splits to occur on a private mapping.

    I believe I have the underlying problem nailed and do have some nearly
    complete patches for this and they should be in a postable state by

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-19 19:21    [W:0.019 / U:1.088 seconds]