SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for June 13: IO APIC breakage on HP nx6325
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > Ah. If your fix is replaced with the appended one, the system happily works
> > > with C1E and highres.
> >
> > Scratch that. The symptoms appeared later this time, that's all. I've just got
> > b43 consuming 90+ % of the CPU time. :-(
>
> I would have been pretty surprised if it had helped :)
>
> Does the box boot when you disable the local apic timer on the kernel
> command line with the patch applied ?
>
> Also does forcing hpet change anything ?

I just checked that the original c1e series and the affected code in
tip are not different. IIRC you confirmed that the C1E patches would
work on your box. So I wonder what else got changed which causes these
problems.

Thanks,
tglx

  Last update: 2008-06-18 14:45    [W:0.114 / U:0.188 seconds]