SubjectRe: BUG: mmapfile/writev spurious zero bytes (x86_64/not i386, bisected, reproducable)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Ok if I'm really wrong on this (but frankly I don't see the mistake, sorry)
> for my person edification: what's a legitimate case for copy_to_user()
> where the source can fault?

Andi, read the patch already. And then shut up. I'm so tired of you always
trying to argue against fixes, just because you wrote the code.

The fact is, that code was buggy. I've explained _why_ it was buggy. I've
sent a patch. I've even talked about how I _tested_ the patch. You've read
none of that, you just fixated on the fact that I said "to" instead of
"from" by mistake, even though it's the exact same code.

At no point did you at all bother to read the patch, nor did you try to
understand the problem, nor did you follow the original report or try it
out, or think about it.

So tell me why I shouldn't just put you in my "idiots" filter? The
aggravation just isn't worth it for me.

When you grow up and can admit that your code was buggy, or at least
*look* at the patches, feel free to start sending me email again.

Until then, just don't bother.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-06-17 23:41    [W:0.064 / U:0.096 seconds]