SubjectRe: Feedback on TCP: Make TCP_RTO_MAX a variable
Chris Fowler wrote:
> My only question would be that if you did not have this feature how
> would you have solved your problem?

I have no idea. An option would be to use private managed links, but
that would cost about 100 times as much, and I would not be able to
administer the machines via the internet.

With programs that scan and probe the internet, widely available for
every script-kiddies entertainment, I believe this is, as I said, a
standard characteristic of the internet, and I must live with it. Had
this been an actual DOS attack on my client, rather than the normal,
random attention from said script-kiddies, reducing TCP_RTO_MAX would
not have helped.

  Last update: 2008-06-16 09:43    [W:0.060 / U:1.848 seconds]