SubjectRe: Performance of ext4
Hello Solofo

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Solofo.Ramangalahy@bull.net wrote:

> Hi Holger,
>
> Holger Kiehl writes:
> > That works until it comes to patch patches/ext4_ialloc-flexbg.patch when
> > it gets lots of rejects. So how do I set this up correctly?
>
> I think your quilt is set up correctly.
>
> The rejects probably come from the patch queue being based on a
> different version than 2.6.26-rc5.
>
> Which patchset did you use?
>
> What I do when wanting a patch queue for a specific kernel is to
> search for commit message indicating the rebase for this version.
>
> There is a "Rebase to linux-2.6.26-rc5" on
> http://repo.or.cz/w/ext4-patch-queue.git
> So the corresponding snapshot
> http://repo.or.cz/w/ext4-patch-queue.git?a=snapshot;h=ed6aaac3b0cc0ba47dbb2af0884306584271e5a2;sf=tgz
> patches 2.6.26-rc5 smoothly.
> (the last patchset also applies, with offset and fuzz, though)

Yes, that is the one I took. Just to make sure, I downloaded it again (and
the linux-2.6.26-rc5 tree) and now it works. When I compare the two patchsets
the one I pulled this morning had patches from 7 June and this one has more
and they are from 11th June.

Thanks a lot for your help, at last I now have all the patches and can go
on with testing.

Thanks,
Holger

  Last update: 2008-06-12 14:03    [W:0.446 / U:0.288 seconds]