SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25.6
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> Person fixing a bug may not realize he fixes security-sensitive bug.

That is a valid reason, I am pretty sure everyone here (including me) has
been guilty of that one. Which doesn't mean we can't do better to educate
ourselves on the patterns for the most common issues. The "fix for a
null-dereference to anything that has a function pointer in it" is such a
pattern.

> Or simply doesn't care because there are 5 more to fix for today.

THAT, however, is unacceptable IMO. If one can't be bothered, or one
doesn't have the time (or the skill, whatever) to access the severity of a
fix, he should ask for someone to do that on the commit message. One extra
short sentence at the end of the commit message [asking for that help] is
DEFINATELY not too much to ask.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2008-06-11 01:09    [W:0.081 / U:0.168 seconds]