SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.26-rc4
Ian Kent wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 10:42 +0800, Ian Kent wrote:

>>> So what happens if new lookup hits between umount and rmdir?
>> It will wait for the expire to complete and then wait for a mount
>> request to the daemon.
>
> Actually, that explanation is a bit simple minded.
>
> It should wait for the expire in ->revalidate().
> Following the expire completion d_invalidate() should return 0, since
> the dentry is now unhashed, which causes ->revalidate() to return 0.
> do_lookup() should see this and call a ->lookup().
>
> But maybe I've missed something as I'm seeing a problem now.

Ok. Ive been running on the patch for a few days now .. and didn't see
any problems. But that being said, I also turned off the --ghost option
to autofs so if it actually is the patch or the different codepaths
being used, I dont know. Since this is a production system, I'm a bit
reluctant to just change a working setup to test it out.

Jesper
--
Jesper

  Last update: 2008-06-10 08:31    [W:0.149 / U:0.040 seconds]