SubjectRe: [patch 01/15] security: pass path to inode_create

> > In the inode_create() security operation and related functions pass
> > the path (vfsmount + dentry) to the parent directory instead of the
> > inode. AppArmor will need this.
>
> So you're once again switching vfs_ to a pass a vfsmount argument, this
> time hidden under struct path. It's really hard to grasp a "no"
> sometimes, isn't it? :)

I'm sorry Christoph, but have you considered the remote possibility,
that you and Al are both wrong on this one? Well, there's one
excercise for you.

If you haven't noticed, I don't take "no" for an answer, until I'm
sufficiently convinced that there's a better way. In this case I
haven't heard a solution, that is remotely close in cleanliness to
what I've proposed. And also please note that "not merging apparmor"
is _not_ the answer, however much you would like that to be. So
please try harder to find an alternative, and then I'll listen.

Miklos

  Last update: 2008-06-01 22:55    [W:0.323 / U:0.636 seconds]