    SubjectRe: [patch 3/8] Make d_path() consistent across mount operations
    > > The path that __d_path() computes can become slightly inconsistent when it
    > > races with mount operations: it grabs the vfsmount_lock when traversing mount
    > > points but immediately drops it again, only to re-grab it when it reaches the
    > > next mount point. The result is that the filename computed is not always
    > > consisent, and the file may never have had that name. (This is unlikely, but
    > > still possible.)
    > >
    > > Fix this by grabbing the vfsmount_lock for the whole duration of
    > > __d_path().
    > Looks good, and lock holding times shouldn't be a problem either.

    Thanks for the review of this batch.

    Can you please in the future either explicitly ACK or NACK? Because I
    really wouldn't want any more of this "Looks good, but bla bla bla"
    and then NACKing the patch when I send it off to Andrew.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-06-01 22:41    [W:0.017 / U:11.164 seconds]