SubjectRe: NIU - Sun Neptune 10g - Transmit timed out reset (2.6.24)
Jesper Krogh wrote:

>>> Several
>>

>> Which ones?-) I suspect that since it is several that at least
>> answers the MSI_X question right? Or is it possible to have a single
>> device have several MSI interrupts?

Well, the output below anwered my question about multiple MSI's from a
single device :)

> The table is rather large.
> http://rafb.net/p/a9zfFA59.html

So, over time at least, the interrupts have been spread over half the
cores in the system. This is where the block diagram showing the socket
and I/O slot connections would be useful.

For the interrupts over a given interval, one can take snapshots at
either end of the interval and then run them through beforeafter:

ftp://ftp.cup.hp.com/dist/networking/tools/

I think that collectl might have something there too.

I guess the addresses in use weren't sufficient to get interrupts spread
across all 24 IRQ's.

rick jones

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans