    SubjectRe: [patch 6/9] fuse: add export operations
    In message <20080509194030.GA29118@infradead.org>, Christoph Hellwig writes:
    > > +struct fuse_inode_handle
    > > +{
    > > + u64 nodeid;
    > > + u32 generation;
    > > +};
    >
    > This is the same filehandle type XFS uses for 64bit inode filesystems
    > where the parent is not encoded. I'll post a patch soon to move that
    > 64bit inode handling to common code. I don't think it's a good idea
    > to delay your patch until that happens, but can you chose the fid
    > types to be the same as XFS does currently so that a conversion is
    > easily possible. The fh_type should be 0x81 (fh type 1 order by 0x80
    > to imply it's 64bit inodes)
    >
    > In case you want to look at that patch I'v uploaded the current
    > version at http://verein.lst.de/~hch/generic-64bit-inode-export
    >
    > > +static struct dentry *fuse_get_dentry(struct super_block *sb,
    > > + struct fuse_inode_handle *handle)
    > > +{
    > > + struct inode *inode;
    > > + struct dentry *entry;
    > > + int err = -ESTALE;
    > > +
    > > + if (handle->nodeid == 0)
    > > + goto out_err;
    > > +
    > > + inode = ilookup5(sb, handle->nodeid, fuse_inode_eq, &handle->nodeid);
    > > + if (!inode)
    > > + goto out_err;
    >
    > Only finding in-memory inodes for nfs export is quite dangerous. I
    > think it would be a much better idea to support whatever upcalls are
    > needed to find the object if it's not in memory. Without that the nfs
    > exporting support is hardly useable.

    In the ODF version of unionfs, we store the inode numbers persistently in a
    small /odf partition, exactly for that reason. It'd be wonderful if there
    was kernel support for persistent inode numbers that could be used by
    various virtual filesystems.

    Erez.

      Last update: 2008-05-09 22:09    [W:0.041 / U:0.292 seconds]