SubjectRe: Kenrel oops

> Jan Kara
> >> I just had this kernel oops. Approximately 5 mintes later, the machine
> >> hard-locked. Can anyone give me some guidance on where to look?
> > Any chance of reproducing this without the NVidia module? It looks
> > like filp->f_op->flush contained an invalid pointer (although
> > ffff81007e3d1300 doesn't look completely insane but more like a pointer
> > to data than to a function). Weren't you playing with rmmod before this
> > happened?
>
> I was playing with Xephyr on top of X, so it's possible that the script I
> was using tried to load the opensource nv module on top of the nvidia
> module and/or that there was repeated insmod/rmmod of nvidia and nv before
> this happened.
I mean more like removing some filesystem modules or so which doesn't
seem to be the case.

> I've not been able to reproduce this since.
OK. So far I have no clue what could have caused this (besides some
weird corruption with nvidia module) so I'll wait if someone comes with
a similar report...

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SuSE CR Labs

  Last update: 2008-05-08 21:09    [W:0.038 / U:0.980 seconds]