SubjectRe: git trees which are not yet in linux-next
On Sat, 03 May 2008 10:46:39 +0200 Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Of course some committers have more than one tree in -next. So if
> Andrew wants to know the actual tree, the laziest method which I know of is
> $ gitk <commit_id>
>
> Among else, gitk shows which branches contain the commit. (How to do
> this without X GUI?)

Unfortunately, this will not work either as I do not export to the public
tree the heads of each of the branches that I merge. It does work in my
tree until I do the next update.

However, if you look at the closest following merge that is committed by
me, that will tell you which branch the commit was on.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2008-05-05 02:21    [W:0.040 / U:3.556 seconds]