SubjectRe: charter for -next
Hi Stefan,

On Sat, 03 May 2008 12:12:50 +0200 Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> What should I ask myself before I commit something to the branch which
> Stephen pulls into -next?
>
> Is this ready to be pulled by Linus right now if he had a merge
> window open today?

This is what I want ideally. So as stuff stabilises in subsystem trees,
it can be incorporated into linux-next and we can then figure out the
problems introduced by interactions with other subsystems.

> Is it likely that I will let Linus pull this when he opens his next
> merge window? (Assuming I can roughly predict when this will be,
> and what other work will likely be done until then, e.g. pending
> reviewer feedback, or patches for related functionality which should
> be bundled with the work in question...)

I suspect that this is what I got in some cases during the last
cycle :-) :-(

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2008-05-04 09:59    [W:0.032 / U:23.884 seconds]