lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2008]   [May]   [4]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
SubjectRe: i387/FPU init issues...
Date
jamal,

> Sorry folks - had to run some errands. Wow, thanks for all the
> responses.
>
> Yes, the posting i just did (as pointed in my first email) was on
> qemu (so was the /proc/cpuinfo). I moved to qemu because it was less
> painful to do the git bisecting on my laptop; i used the same .config.
> I should also note that qemu seems to have worked fine in the past.
> In any case I will try to rerun on the older hardware which i can access
> next week again. I am begining to doubt myself if it is the same issue;
> i know even there it was pointing to FPU.
> So is the correct fix then to go patch qemu then? I should point i am
> running a slightly older version of qemu that has a few patches (nothing
> to do with x86 emulation).
>
> hpa, results from running on qemu (not the hardware) are:
> -----
> mambo:~# ./hpa
> Test 0: ok
> Test 1: ok
> Test 2: ok
> Test 3: err
> Test 4: err
> Test 5: err
> Test 6: err
> Test 7: err
> Test 8: err
> ----------------

this is the same result i get with qemu 0.8.2. With version 0.9.0 and
later it is:

debian:~# ./hpa
Test 0: ok
Test 1: ok
Test 2: ok
Test 3: ok
Test 4: ok
Test 5: ok
Test 6: ok
Test 7: ok
Test 8: ok

> cheers,
> jamal

- Sebastian



\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2008-05-04 15:13    [W:0.071 / U:1.200 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site