SubjectRe: Ingo, no more kconfig patches
On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 11:38:22PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 12:24:29AM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> > > great, does this mean we'll see fixes for select's misbehavior, along
> > > the lines of Sam's suggestions?
> >
> > In the case of the problem here it would have turned one problem into
> > another, and Roman's patch is the correct solution no matter whether
> > you change the semantics of select or not.
>
> Hi Adrian
> It would be nice to know what was wrong with my suggestion.
> You have done your share of kconfig patches so you have a good grip
> on the problems we face.
> So any input on how we can improve kconfig so we can actually provide
> what people often expects or requests or need would be nice.
>
> I have so far not done any hacking on the core of the backend of
> kconfig but if I one day find more than one hour in row where I can do
> some kernel stuff I may actually try it out.
> And then it would be nice to have a sketch ready how to solve the issues.
>
> I would though request you to start a new mail thread for this and
> include both linux-kbuild@vger.kernel.org and Roman Zippel in the loop.

If you've sent a suggestion that included a description of the exact
semantics you want to implement I must have missed it.

Can you send me a pointer or a description of the semantics?
I'll then have a look.

> Sam

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-05-04 00:11    [W:2.019 / U:0.108 seconds]