SubjectRe: [2.6.25] lpfc driver problem
On Fri, 2 May 2008, James Smart wrote:
> Gerhard Mack wrote:

> > > (Cc's added)
>
> The error indicates that the adapter did not respond to a basic port reset,
> which we do before we try to bring up it's messaging interface, etc.
> This likely means it failed POST or some other hardware error. The LED's on
> the backpanel would have indicated the condition. The LP8000 is a pretty old
> board and was EOL'd years ago, so it doesn't surprise me that something like
> this could pop up.

Not shocking.... my customers tend to spend more in my wages than they
would have saved on hardware buying things from the junk pile. This was
actually the 4th non working card from said computer junk store.

> > I am no longer able to debug this. My client took the card back and traded
> > it for a Qlogic.
>
> As much as any vendor hates to see a customer switch :( I understand
> expediency...

If it makes you feel better I have a Qlogic that causes the machine to
reset during the bios init.

> As an fyi - to help the debug, whether it be Emulex or Qlogic, or someone
> else,
> I recommend that you cat the various /sys/class/scsi_host/hostX/* and
> /sys/class/fc_host/hostX/* attributes (where hostX corresponds to the scsi?
> bus\
> number assigned to the adapter). Assuming the adapter attaches enough for
> these
> things to exist, it will give us a lot more information about the adapter for
> debug.

I don't think it attached long enough for that to happen.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2008-05-03 21:01    [W:0.067 / U:0.492 seconds]