SubjectRe: [RFC: 2.6 patch] let GROUP_SCHED depend on BROKEN
> - as long as we allow hardware drivers to depend on EXPERIMENTAL we
> force many users to enable EXPERIMENTAL
> - the EXPERIMENTAL dependencies in many areas of the kernel are so
> out of sync with the actual code quality that the presence or absence
> of such a dependency isn't a clear indication of the current status

It would probably be very useful to actually do an assessment of what is
marked experimental especially a cross compare with enterprise distros as
what they ship they have reviewed and consider supportable.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-05-27 12:45    [W:0.041 / U:15.316 seconds]