SubjectRe: BUG: Ecryptfs ioctl handling
Date
On Thursday 22 May 2008, Alan Cox wrote:

> Ecryptfs has an ioctl method that checks for the underlying fs ioctl
> method and can call down into. Unfortunately however it doesn't check for
> an underlying unlocked_ioctl method and call that if present.
>
> Notices while removing the remaining users of ->ioctl from my dev tree.
>
> Really ecryptfs needs its own ->unlocked_ioctl op to call into either
> unlocked ioctl below or lock_kernel/ioctl/unlock_kernel below.

Similarly, ecryptfs doesn't provide a ->compat_ioctl op that calls into
the file system's ->compat_ioctl operation if present.
This will be needed to make ioctl handling work on file systems that
rely on ->compat_ioctl for 32 bit processes.

I wonder if there are other places in the kernel that just pass down
ioctl calls to a slave file system or driver and need to have this
added.

Arnd <><

  Last update: 2008-05-22 13:57    [W:0.043 / U:1.508 seconds]