SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] HG -> GIT migration
On 21-05-08 16:47, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Theoretically we can work only using merges. However, the resultant
> tree will look too complex with lots of merge points at the time of
> the next merge window. This is also a nightmare for bisecting. Thus,
> most subsystem trees do rebase before the merge window in practice,
> AFAIK.
>
> It'd be appreciated if someone can tell me any good workflow to keep a
> good-shaped tree without rebasing...

Over here:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/17/203

Linus suggests to just not do many merges from upstream -- basically
only at releases.

I'm only looking at and experiencing things from the limited viewpoint
of a leaf node though so I'll shut up for a bit first now as this might
not be helpful.

Rene.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans