SubjectRe: completely lost as to what to do, or where to look.
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the help, From what I can remember I noticed this around
>>> 2.6.26-rc1.
[...]
> if I remove
> libdri.so everything starts up as usual so with that in mind since I
> received
> a post about DRI being all F*&^ked up then maybee that is the culprit,
> I think All I really need right now is info on the xserver and the
> kernel.
> What mechanisms are used or files that are responsible for the two too coexist.
> regards;

First, you really need to try the latest kernel from the git
repository (or latest nightly snapshot). The DRI 'mechanisms' you're
asking about were broken in 2.6.26-rc1. They got fixed very, very
recently (past 24 hours). So if you haven't tried the latest kernel
from -git yet, then, respectfully, you're not going to get very far.

Please try the latest kernel first, and then let us know what happens
-- given your description there's a good chance the problem is already
fixed. Also, please report back with the output of `git describe` for
the version you try, so that everyone can see what exact version you
were having trouble with.

  Last update: 2008-05-21 16:51    [W:0.068 / U:0.248 seconds]