    SubjectRe: Accelerometer, Gyros and ADC's etc within the kernel.
    On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:04:38 +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
    > Definitely agreed that it makes sense to put DACs and ADCs in the same
    > general place and obviously there are plenty of devices out there that do
    > both.

    Note that hardware monitoring chips can include ADCs and DACs: the
    former to monitor system voltages, and the later to control fans (most
    chips use PWM for that but a few use DACs.) ADCs and DACs are, much
    like GPIOs, usable for a variety of different purposes. I doubt that
    there would be any benefit in abstracting DACs and ADCs the way we did
    for GPIOs, but the important point here is that we really want to group
    the drivers according to their functionality and not technical
    implementation details.

    Jean Delvare

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-21 15:23    [W:0.022 / U:5.396 seconds]