    SubjectRe: better msleep for drivers

    > > Still longer term I suppose there's really no way around having accurate
    > > sleep functions and it's probably better to start testing earlier than later.
    > No objections, but we should not do that with a stupid msleep
    > replacement interface; instead we should expose a flexible in kernel
    > variant of hrtimer_nanosleep() which lets the user utilize
    > ABS/REL_TIME and the different clocks. A msleep helper can be built on
    > top of this very easily.

    While you are at it... it would be cool to have

    'mdelay(2500 msec), but it is okay to wait 100msec more' -- type
    interface, so we could use that for nohz benefit.

    Currently, mdelay is 'it is okay to wait 10msec more' interface, and
    it would be nice to have that explicit.

    (cesky, pictures)

    (cesky, pictures)

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-21 12:45    [W:0.019 / U:22.888 seconds]