SubjectRe: How to reduce the number of open kernel bugs
Date
On Friday 02 May 2008 14:18:03 Andi Kleen wrote:
> "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> writes:
> >> And I have to agree here. But there should be something that can be done
> >> to "coax" the maintainers that pull that kind of immature crap into
> >> acting mature and responsible.
> >
> > Well, how exactly would you want to do that?
>
> He could start to fix a few such bugs he's describing (usually with
> very vague reports) by himself. Or instead of fixing them just trying
> to get all the information out of the reporter. Then he would realize
> what the the difference between theory and practice is.
>
> -Andi

Andi (and everyone else) note that the key word in what I said is "Should".
IE: there is nothing that can be done, but I feel that the opposite should be
true.

DRH

--
Dialup is like pissing through a pipette. Slow and excruciatingly painful.

  Last update: 2008-05-03 01:13    [W:0.051 / U:0.492 seconds]