    SubjectRe: 2.6.25 new perfmon kernel patch + libpfm + pfmon available
    Hello,

    Several people noticed there was a typo in the website url.
    The actual web site is:

    http://perfmon2.sf.net

    Sorry about that.

    On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:47 PM, stephane eranian
    <eranian@googlemail.com> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have released the perfmon2 kernel patch for kernel v2.6.25. There is
    > no major features. However, there were a major restructuring of the code
    > to make it more readable, isolate features per module. The header files
    > have also been restructured to separate user vs. kernel, and generic only
    > vs. shared with arch. The restructuring of the interrupt handler yielded
    > a nice 15% latency improvement on single counter sampling runs on X86.
    > This new structure will make it easier to extract features and merge them
    > with the mainline kernel.
    >
    > In the time frame of 2.6.26, I will push a few bits and pieces to LKML
    > for final review and integration.
    >
    > Here are some of the kernel changes:
    > - Cell updates (Carl Love, Takashi Yamamoto)
    > - new perfmon_debug boot option to enable debug (Robert Richter)
    > - several bugs fixes on Itanium, MIPS and generic hrtimer management
    > - Power locking updates (Corey Ashford)
    >
    > There is also a new release for libpfm, now at version 3.4.
    > The changes include:
    > - AMD Phenom (a.k.a. Barcelona) IBS support (Robert Richter)
    > - Python bindings and examples (Arun Sharma)
    > - environment variable support to enable debugging
    > - auto-detection of syscall base number for 2.6.24 and 2.6.25
    > - new multi-threaded self-sampling example (Mark W. Krentel)
    > - man pages cleanups (Steve Kaufmann)
    >
    > Special thanks to Arun (Google). The Python bindings are a nice addition
    > to libpfm especially for prototyping and writing testsuites.
    >
    > Finally, a new major version of pfmon, now at pfmon-3.4.
    > Among the many changes:
    > - added support for dmalloc (Andrzej Nowak)
    > - updated support for Cell processor (Takashi Yamamoto)
    > - possibility to terminate pfmon cleanly with SIGTERM
    > - --follow-fork and derivatives fixed on Itanium and other platforms
    > - tracking of dlopen now works on mixed ABI environments
    > - lots of bugs fixes
    >
    > As usual all files and more detailed changelogs can be downloaded from our
    > website at:
    >
    > http://perfmon.sourceforge.net
    >
    > Enjoy,

      Last update: 2008-05-02 18:03    [W:0.024 / U:91.160 seconds]