    SubjectRe: Slow DOWN, please!!!
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > A general rule that the trees people want you to pull during a merge window
    > should be tested in linux-next before, with no additional last minute changes,
    > may help.
    >
    > For this to work, though, the people will have to know in advance when the
    > merge window will start. Which may be helpful anyway.

    If I only release into my tree's for-next branch what I would release
    into my tree's for-linus if I was to send a merge request to Linus right
    in this moment, then I won't need advance notice of a merge window.

    IOW, treat -next everyday as if the merge window was open right now.

    I'm sure it is not that easy for the larger subsystems or the
    infrastructure trees. However, Linus' late -rc announcements are plenty
    of advance notice, at least for a merge period as long as two weeks.
    --
    Stefan Richter

      Last update: 2008-05-02 14:21    [W:0.022 / U:119.280 seconds]