SubjectRe: Regression- XFS won't mount on partitioned md array
Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>>
>>> I'll see if I have a little time today to track down the problem.
>>
>> Does this patch fix it for you? Does for me though I can't yet explain
>> why ;)
>>
>> http://www.linux.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2008-05/msg00190.html
>>
>> -Eric
>
> So what's happening is that xfs is trying to read a page-sized IO from
> the last sector of the log... which goes off the end of the device.
> This looks like another regression introduced by
> a9759f2de38a3443d5107bddde03b4f3f550060e, but fixed by Christoph's patch
> in the URL above, which should be headed towards -stable.
>
> (aside: it seems that this breaks any external log setup where the log
> consists of the entire device... but I'd have expected the xfsqa suite
> to catch this...?)

The only way I can see that we'd catch this (by testing external logs)
in the current qa setup is
if one sets up SCRATCH_LOGDEV and/or TEST_LOGDEV and USE_EXTERNAL.
There are no specific tests to test out external logs (there is 044 but
it requires the env vars set anyway) such as using a loop back device
for the log. Perhaps we should do this.
I should check that our QA group are setting the vars in some runs.

--Tim

  Last update: 2008-05-19 05:49    [W:0.082 / U:16.152 seconds]