    SubjectRe: Mechanism to safely force repair of single md stripe w/o hurting data integrity of file system
    David Lethe wrote:
    > I'm trying to figure out a mechanism to safely repair a stripe of data
    > when I know a particular disk has a unrecoverable read error at a
    > certain physical block (for 2.6 kernels)
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > As such, anybody up to the challenge of writing the code? I want it
    > enough to paypal somebody $500 who can write it, and will gladly open
    > source the solution.

    Damn, here goes $500 :) Unfortunately the only thing I can bring to the table
    is a thread[1] about a mechanism that would fit your request nicely. Hopefully
    someone will pick this stuff up and make it a reality.

    Peter

    [1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-raid&m=120605458309825

      Last update: 2008-05-17 21:41    [W:0.026 / U:1.252 seconds]