    SubjectRe: [Bug #10679] 2.6.26-rc1 regression: e5e1d3cb20034a3cbcfff1f0bae12201aa2ce17e breaks artsd
    Hello.

    Theodore Tso wrote:
    >> Sounds reasonable. To where should it be added, BTW?
    >> Little people seem to care about Kconfig help texts, and an extra
    >> comment block (with depends on SND_PCSP) could be annoying...
    > That's a good question. A note that including including this module
    > could potentially cause sound cards to be renumbered might be
    > reasonable,
    I guess so, and in the description
    string we can probably add something
    to the effect of "READ HELP!".

    > enabling it as a module. BTW, what *is* the utility of this card, and
    Any utility will do.

    > how do you use it? I haven't been able to figure out how to use it do
    > anything entertaining at all. Any attempts to use it on my system
    > just lead to various confusing error messages.
    That's because it is a bit broken
    in alsa-lib right now, more details
    and the fix here:
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/11/172

    > Also, BTW, it might be nice to remove the following hunk of text from
    > drivers/sound/Kconfig:
    Yeah - that old driver never worked
    with alsa anyway, so that removal is
    an overdue. :)

    > So I'm still rather puzzled how to make the snd-pcsp actually do
    > anything useful,
    It will be handled properly by default
    with the next alsa-lib release. But the
    trivial fix on the above URL should work
    too.

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans