    SubjectRe: m68k: main.c:(.init.text+0x730): undefined reference to `strlen'
    Cyrill Gorcunov <> writes:

    > I think it would help to see ..tmp_vmlinux1.cmd to ensure for inclusion
    > of lib/lib.a. strlen was there without my patch as Andreas already pointed,
    > I've just added strncat wich is coming from lib/string.o for this arch.

    Actually the way strncat is used here is broken anyway, it does not
    prevent array overrun. The third argument of strncat only limits the
    amount of characters copied, without taking into account the length of
    the string already in the buffer. Consequently gcc has optimized the
    call to strncat into a simple call to strcat, since none of the copied
    strings are longer than sizeof(msgbuf). This strcat call is then
    expanded to include a call to strlen.

    So a better fix would probably be to make msgbuf big enough and use
    strcat instead.

    Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs,
    PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5

      Last update: 2008-05-14 16:59    [W:0.034 / U:10.892 seconds]