SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] printk: detect incomplete lines
"Vegard Nossum" <vegard.nossum@gmail.com> writes:

> Iirc, KERN_CONT is mostly an annotation for the checkpatch script to
> suppress the warning about missing loglevel token.

Perhaps it should be fixed to contain some magic token that is
then detected by printk and handled appropiately? And then perhaps
employee some kernel janitors to add it everywhere?

I think that would be preferable over any heuristics as implemented
in your original patch because there might be a legitimate need to
get out non full line printks ASAP for debugging.

-Andi

  Last update: 2008-05-13 12:57    [W:0.036 / U:0.436 seconds]