    Subjectlinux-next: Tree for May 12
    Hi all,

    News: I am now providing patches relative to the latest tag in Linus'
    tree. I propose to stop providing complete tar balls as they are so
    large and people will have recent versions of Linus's tree anyway (I
    assume). The patches will be named "patch-<upstream tag>-<next tag>".

    Changes since next-20080509:

    New Tree: kbuild-current

    Renamed Trees: driver-core.next to driver-core.current
    usb.next to usb.current

    The kbuild tree is back.

    The arm tree had a conflict with upstream (notified).

    The rr tree had a conflict with the vfs tree (notified).

    I have created today's linux-next tree at
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git
    (tar balls and patches at
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/sfr/linux-next/). If you
    are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
    to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
    old one. You should use "git fetch" as mentioned in the FAQ on the wiki
    (see below).

    You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
    file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log files
    in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built with
    a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc and an allmodconfig for x86_64. After the
    final fixups, it is also built with powerpc allnoconfig,
    44x_defconfig and allyesconfig and i386 defconfig.

    Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

    We are up to 71 trees (counting Linus' and 13 trees of patches pending for
    Linus' tree), more are welcome (even if they are currently empty).
    Thanks to those who have contributed, and to those who haven't, please do.

    Status of my local build tests will be at
    http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next . If maintainers want to give
    advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
    more builds.

    Thanks to Jan Dittmer for adding the linux-next tree to his build tests
    at http://l4x.org/k/ , the guys at http://test.kernel.org/ and Randy
    Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.

    There is a wiki covering stuff to do with linux-next at
    http://linux.f-seidel.de/linux-next/pmwiki/ . Thanks to Frank Seidel.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

    $ git reset --hard stable
    Merging origin/master
    Merging x86-fixes/for-linus
    Merging sched-fixes/for-linus
    Merging powerpc-merge/merge
    Merging scsi-rc-fixes/master
    Merging net-current/master
    Merging sparc-current/master
    Merging sound-current/for-linus
    Merging arm-current/master
    Merging pci-current/for-linus
    Merging wireless-current/master
    Merging kbuild-current/master
    Merging quilt/driver-core.current
    Merging quilt/usb.current
    Merging quilt/driver-core
    Merging quilt/usb
    Merging x86/for-akpm
    Merging sched/for-akpm
    Merging pci/linux-next
    Merging quilt/device-mapper
    Merging hid/mm
    Merging quilt/i2c
    Merging quilt/kernel-doc
    Merging avr32/avr32-arch
    Merging v4l-dvb/stable
    Merging s390/features
    Merging sh/master
    Merging jfs/next
    Merging kbuild/master
    Merging quilt/ide
    Merging libata/NEXT
    Merging nfs/linux-next
    Merging xfs/master
    Merging infiniband/for-next
    Merging acpi/test
    Merging blackfin/for-linus
    Merging nfsd/nfsd-next
    Merging ieee1394/for-next
    Merging hwmon/testing
    Merging ubi/master
    Merging kvm/master
    Merging dlm/next
    Merging scsi/master
    Merging ia64/test
    Merging tests/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Kconfig.debug
    Merging ocfs2/linux-next
    Merging selinux/for-akpm
    Merging quilt/m68k
    Merging powerpc/powerpc-next
    Merging hrt/mm
    Merging lblnet/master
    Merging ext4/next
    Merging 4xx/next
    Merging async_tx/next
    Merging udf/for_next
    Merging security-testing/next
    Merging net/master
    Merging sparc/master
    Merging galak/powerpc-next
    Merging mtd/master
    Merging wireless/master
    Merging crypto/master
    Merging vfs/vfs-2.6.25
    Merging sound/master
    Merging arm/devel
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/arm/mach-pxa/Makefile
    Merging cpufreq/master
    Merging v9fs/for-next
    Merging quilt/rr
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in kernel/sysctl.c
    Merging semaphore/semaphore
    Merging semaphore-removal/semaphore-removal
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/atm/ambassador.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/net/bonding/bond_sysfs.c
    Applying idr.h needs spinlock.h
    Merging quilt/ldp.next

      Last update: 2008-05-12 07:25    [W:0.029 / U:91.600 seconds]