SubjectRe: [patch] SLQB v2
On Thu, 1 May 2008, Nick Piggin wrote:

> > A small question for SLUB devs, would you accept a patch that does
> > a similar thing by creating 'slub_page' instead of stuffing slub
> > elements (freelist, inuse, ..) in 'mm_types::struct page' unions ?
>
> I'd like to see that. I have a patch for SLUB, actually.

We could do that but then how do we make sure that both definitions stay
in sync? So far I have thought that it is clearer if we have one def
that shows how objects are overloaded.

There is also the overloading of page flags that is now done separately
in SLUB. I wonder if that needs to be moved into page-flags.h? Would
clarify how page flags are overloaded.

If someone inspects the contents of a page struct via debug then it would
help if all the possible uses are in one place. If the stuff in tucked
away in mm/sl?b.c then its difficult to find.

  Last update: 2008-05-01 21:31    [W:0.051 / U:0.108 seconds]