SubjectRe: RFC: starting a kernel-testers group for newbies
On Thu, 1 May 2008 12:38:23 -0400 (EDT)
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> People here mention differnt places to look at code, and besides the
> kerneloops.org I really don't even know where to look for bugs, because I
> haven't seen a URL to point me to.

bugzilla.kernel.org is, umm, improving.

It would be an intersting exercise for someone to spend a few days seeing
how many of the bugzilla reports they personally can reproduce. I'd guess
"zero". There's a lesson in that.

The problem with bugzilla will be that it will be hard to find reports
where the reporter will be able to work with you on the fix - we've let
them go cold.

The most fruitful place to find fixable bugs is linux-kernel. People who
report bugs there are sufficiently motivated to have actually sent the
email and the bug is still recent, so they probably haven't done the
Solaris install yet.

  Last update: 2008-05-01 19:23    [W:0.172 / U:0.940 seconds]