SubjectRe: [patch, -git] input: CONFIG_INPUT_APANEL build fix

* Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I believe I see a steady stream of breakage for leds dependencies from
> > > all subsystems.
> >
> > they limp along by adding "depends on NEW_LEDS". 99% of the users
> > will use some pre-cooked distro kernel where all these options are
> > turned on, so the flattening and coupling of the dependencies is not
> > a real issue in practice.
>
> You still did not answer to the main question - do you think we should
> revert the commit that actually introduced breakage in the sense that
> anything depending on LEDS_CLASS should also add NEW_LEDS dependancy?
> That will take care of the problem (as far as LEDs are concerned) for
> _all_ subsystems and drivers at once.

do you mean this one:

| commit 66242f7ec531953fbc2f4040c5ffe1f1ffe6c5c9
| Author: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@gmx.de>
| Date: Thu May 10 10:44:11 2007 +0100
|
| leds: Use menuconfig objects II - LED
|
| Change Kconfig objects from "menu, config" into "menuconfig" so
| that the user can disable the whole feature without having to
| enter the menu first.

?

that split option definitely looks a bit weird, and the sprinkling of
LEDS_CLASS+NEW_LEDS dependencies to all affected drivers feels broken as
well. I'm all for fixing it right and can test any patch.

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-05-01 03:33    [W:0.461 / U:3.960 seconds]