SubjectRe: make O=dir fails with current git
Hi!

> > > I tried to reproduce this here without luck.
> > > The tests performed by kbuild to dertermine if the
> > > source directory is clean are very basic.
> > > If the file .config exist or the directory
> > > include/config exists then the source tree is considered clean.
> > > Otherwise you get the above message.
> >
> > Hi, damn, it's that easy!
> > It was the .config file, I added (as root) a symlink to dir/.config to let some other
> > application check if some Kernel-options are set, then the permissions of this symlink
> > prevented make mrproper from removing it.
> >
> > For what purpose is this check?
> The O= build will use the wrong files if the source tree is not clean.
> There are several special cases which goes wrong under the wrong circumstances
> and therefore this consistency check.

Actually, I keep hitting this all the time. I run make in source tree,
and before I realize my mistake, it creates include/config... which I
have to remove manually before I can use make O=...

Could it perhaps remove include/config when .config does not exist?

Or create include/config only after writting .config?

(answering 1000 questions takes time, its easy to hit ^c
there....)
Pavel

  Last update: 2008-04-03 19:21    [W:0.039 / U:0.384 seconds]