    SubjectRFC: make MAINTAINERS email addresses easier to copy/paste
    Date
    I like to use display names for email addresses, e.g.,
    "Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com>" instead of just
    "bjorn.helgaas@hp.com".

    The current MAINTAINERS file format makes it a nuisance to
    copy both the display name and the actual address. So
    I propose that we fold together the current "P:" and "M:"
    lines using something similar to the filter below.

    If we do this, we should fix a few inconsistencies in the
    current file first so the script will work better. I'll post
    a patch to do that as a response to this message.

    Bjorn

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    # Combine name and email address for easier copy and paste.
    # For example, this:
    #
    # P: Bjorn Helgaas
    # M: bjorn.helgaas@hp.com
    #
    # becomes this:
    #
    # P: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com>

    while (<>) {
    if (/^P:(\t|\s{2,})(\S.+)/) {
    if (defined($line)) {
    print $line;
    undef $line;
    }
    $name = $2;
    $line = $_;
    } elsif (/^M:(\t|\s{2,}).*?(\S+@\S+)/) {
    if (defined($line)) {
    $mail = $2;
    $mail =~ s/^<//;
    $mail =~ s/>$//;
    print "P:\t$name <$mail>\n";
    undef $line;
    } else {
    print;
    }
    } else {
    if (defined($line)) {
    print $line;
    undef $line;
    }
    print;
    }
    }

      Last update: 2008-04-29 23:03    [W:0.022 / U:30.308 seconds]