    SubjectRe: stat benchmark
    On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Soeren Sandmann <> wrote:
    > So I am looking for ways to improve this.

    Aside from what has already been proposed there is also the
    readdirplus() route. Unfortunately the people behind this and related
    proposals vanished after the last discussions. I was hoping they
    come back with a revised proposal but perhaps not. Maybe it's time to
    pick up the ball myself.

    As a reminder, readdirplus() is an extended readdir() which also
    returns (a subset of) the stat information for the file at the same
    time. The subset part is needed to account for the different
    information contained in the inodes. For most applications the subset
    should be sufficient and therefore all that's needed is a single
    iteration over the directory.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-28 06:45    [W:0.019 / U:30.804 seconds]