SubjectRe: If you want me to quit I will quit
Andrew Morton wrote:
> Often it takes quite a long time for problems to become apparent. Across a
> month or two we end up with things like:
[...]
> that's two patches, each with three followon fixes. Very common.
>
> Fact is, this is the way in which developers want to work. That is their
> workflow, and their tools should follow their workflow. If a tool's
> behaviour prevents them from implementing their desired workflow, it isn't
> the workflow which should be changed ;)

Well, some of the questions here, notably
- when to fold patch + amendment patch into a single patch
- when to publish things to whom
are actually about the workflow, not about the tool.

(And it's good to learn of other people's expectations about it.)
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2008-04-26 22:53    [W:0.065 / U:0.212 seconds]