SubjectRe: If you want me to quit I will quit

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> The patch for the x86 userspace header breakage last weekend was Cc'ed
> to you.

Yes, and I couldn't care less - it wasn't critical in any way (nobody
should be using kernel headers directly in user space anyway, so the only
people who could _possibly_ care were the people who build glibc releases
etc).

IOW, it wasn't a critical bug-fix that needed to be pushed out
aggressively.

Which means that I totally ignore a patch when I see that there are people
who actually maintain that area (especially if I know they are responsible
maintainers) that are also cc'd and that even reply to it.

It so happens that that patch got merged into my tree today - unrelated to
this discussion - and it came through all the normal channels (ie the x86
maintainer tree).

IOW, everything happened exactly the way it is SUPPOSED to happen.

That said, it also obviously does happen that I lose patches for real.
Maybe some of them even from you. But your complaints really aren't
sensible in this case.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-04-26 19:25    [W:0.089 / U:0.372 seconds]