    SubjectRe: 2.6.25-mm1 (snd-pcsp doesn't like DEBUG_PAGEALLOC)
    At Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:51:58 +0400,
    Stas Sergeev wrote:
    > Hello.
    > Takashi Iwai wrote:
    > > No, I don't think input-pcspkr would be ever easily obsoleted by
    > > snd-pcsp. People definitely want a system without the sound subsystem
    > > but with a beep.
    > If you don't enable sound, then you
    > can't enable snd-pcsp, and so the
    > pcspkr can be enabled.

    Yeah, of course. Don't mix up with the argument about Kconfig
    dependency issues. I just reacted against your statement that input
    pcspkr driver will be obsoleted.

    > But if you have enabled the sound,
    > what's the use in not seeing the
    > snd-pcsp in the config?
    > Because most people already had
    > pcspkr enabled I guess, this just
    > reduces the availability of snd-pcsp
    > by an order of magnitude. And the
    > reason for that, is... ?

    I actually removed the dependency from snd-pcsp Kconfig again since
    this causes a dependency loop (at least, kbuild can't handle

    But anyway, as mentioned in my previous post, snd-pcsp wouldn't be
    enabled on most of distros' kernels because it cannot be built
    together with input-pcspkr driver, unfortunately...

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-04-25 08:31    [W:0.027 / U:8.224 seconds]