SubjectRe: 2.6.25-mm1 (snd-pcsp doesn't like DEBUG_PAGEALLOC)
At Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:51:58 +0400,
Stas Sergeev wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > No, I don't think input-pcspkr would be ever easily obsoleted by
> > snd-pcsp. People definitely want a system without the sound subsystem
> > but with a beep.
> If you don't enable sound, then you
> can't enable snd-pcsp, and so the
> pcspkr can be enabled.

Yeah, of course. Don't mix up with the argument about Kconfig
dependency issues. I just reacted against your statement that input
pcspkr driver will be obsoleted.

> But if you have enabled the sound,
> what's the use in not seeing the
> snd-pcsp in the config?
> Because most people already had
> pcspkr enabled I guess, this just
> reduces the availability of snd-pcsp
> by an order of magnitude. And the
> reason for that, is... ?

I actually removed the dependency from snd-pcsp Kconfig again since
this causes a dependency loop (at least, kbuild can't handle
properly).

But anyway, as mentioned in my previous post, snd-pcsp wouldn't be
enabled on most of distros' kernels because it cannot be built
together with input-pcspkr driver, unfortunately...

Takashi

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans