SubjectRe: kgdb over ethernet?
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>

> the DocBook files for the recently-merged kgdb mention kgdboe, as does
> the doc on kgdb.sf.net, but I do not see kgdboe anywhere in the source.
> Is oe actually merged? I'm kinda short on rs232...

Well if you have at least one you have enough because you can share kgdb
with the console.

> thanks,
> Jan

kgdboe is not in the mainline kernel.

It is a feature that might end up being re-implemented at some point or
perhaps merged as is in the future. The current kgdboe suffers from
some reliability problems related to the need to sync interrupts prior
to using the network device hardware. This is due to the way the
"polled mode" support is implemented in the NET POLL API. There is
presently no good means to avoid certain deadlock scenarios.

That being said if you want to work with the latest kgdb + the latest
kernel work it is available. First you clone Linus's tree and then do
something like:

git remote add kgdb-next
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel/linux-2.6-kgdb.git
git remote update
git checkout kgdb-next

And later when if you update it, you would want make sure and use the
"+" type pull because the branch gets shuffled quite often with patches
pulled in and out of the tree. IE:

git pull kgdb-next +kgdb-next:kgdb-next

Jason.

  Last update: 2008-04-25 19:35    [W:0.074 / U:0.388 seconds]