    SubjectRe: [git pull] scheduler changes for v2.6.26

    On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:25 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > > > I'm seeing latency hits with 26.git, whereas 25 is hit free.
    > >
    > > ok. I think what happens is that your broken sched-clock hid the real
    > > breakage. Lets try fix the real breakage now.
    > >
    > > I've uploaded a new sched-devel.git that is against very latest -git,
    > > could you try ftrace (with a sufficiently large
    > > /debug/tracing/tracing_max_entries value) - perhaps the
    > > worst-case-wakeup-latency tracer shows large latencies? If not, then
    > > maybe the sched_switch tracer gives a better insight into what's
    > > happening?
    >
    > Well, looks like this is going to have to wait. sched-devel is locking
    > hard on me, both sched-devel and .git are losing my darn keyboard right
    > in the middle of things, and my serial ports are (still) so screwed up I
    > can't get minicom working right. Arg.

    I dug my old p3/500 out and hooked it up since I still can't get minicom
    functional plugging P4->Q6600, but no joy. Whatever the heck is going
    wrong in sched-devel is so catastrophic that not one character hits the
    console when it locks, and nmi_watchdog=1 does nada.

    FWIW, all I am doing is listening to music in amarok while a make -j4
    glibc build is running, watching latencytop and watch-rq-clock.sh (nice
    -15). Latency hits are smaller, but still present without NO_HZ btw.
    The largest I ever saw in latencytop before death arrived was < 300ms.
    (still size mondo)

    config attached.

    -Mike
    [unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip]

      Last update: 2008-04-23 10:15    [W:0.045 / U:29.528 seconds]