SubjectRe: [RFC] Introduce __ARCH_WANT_SYS_SYSFS
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Michal Simek <monstr@seznam.cz> wrote:
> I would like to fix syscalls in Microblaze repo. Can you give me a hint how to
> do it?
>
> I look at Blackfin arch and I compared files with microblaze. There are some
> differences but not so much.
> Can you tell me how to test it which syscall is necessary for platform.
> I have never found any documentation about.
>
> In my syscall_table.S (on some arch in entry.S) is one big jump table with
> reference to syscalls. In unistd.h is definition.
>
> Is there any convention which syscalls are use for all archs and which are
> architecture specific?

i dont believe there is any documentation for syscalls. you just have
to know which syscalls are outdated and which replace others ;). i
think someone already pointed out a few to you in an earlier post ?
otherwise, feel free to ask about sets.

i dont recall if microblaze is no-mmu-only, mmu-only, or both ... you
should take care with comparing against Blackfin if microblaze
supports an mmu. if it is no-mmu-only, then the Blackfin list should
be quite good for you start with as we turn off numa/mmu-only
functions as well as old stuff (like the poll/select/mmap/etc...
friends).
-mike

  Last update: 2008-04-23 23:41    [W:0.263 / U:0.012 seconds]