SubjectRe: pasic3 allmod/yesconfig build error
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:49 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:20:40AM -0500, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> > allmodconfig and allyesconfig on $ARCH try to build the htc-pasic3 driver,
> > but it fails due to wanting <asm/arch/pxa-regs.h>.
> >
> > Should the Kconfig file be modified to build this driver only for $ARCH=arm ?
>
> Known problem. You're about the 4th person in the last 24 hours to
>
> It's been known about since Sunday. Unfortunately, Linus not responding
> to emails until midnight (my time) on Monday meant that I've not been able
> to do anything about it, despite having a fix (along with others) already
> merged but not properly queued up (because I didn't know what Linus was
> going to do.)
>
> So... I'm not going to be able to properly sort my tree until Thursday.
> Please ignore it until Friday. Thanks.

People make mistakes, it happens. For people who have hit this, do you
have a tree they can pull from to get the fixes?

> (Please note that these reports are stressing me because I have the fix,
> I've known about it for ages, but because of factors out of my control -
> and community policy, in so far as "you do not change the tree you've asked
> to be pulled from" I'd have been unable to resolve it and all the other
> stupid breakage in that pull before anyone saw it. I suppose what I
> should've done was deleted the tree of kernel.org so Linus _couldn't_
> pull it.)

Couldn't you just send Linus another pull request with further fixes?

Harvey

  Last update: 2008-04-22 22:05    [W:0.042 / U:1.180 seconds]