    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25-rc8

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Paul Mackerras wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds writes:
    >
    > > I think the dirstat continues to be fairly informative, with arch/ and
    > > drivers dominating as usual. And within arch, a fair amount of the line
    > > noise are all those defconfigs. I wish we had some saner way of handling
    > > that
    >
    > We (the arch maintainers) could try to do the bulk of the defconfig
    > updates at about -rc2 or -rc3 time, if you'd prefer.

    Well, that part isn't the one that I think is bothersome - I just wonder
    if the whole "defconfig" mess is worth keeping with the kernel at _all_.

    It also causes tons of noise whenever I happen to do something like "git
    grep CONFIG_XYZZY" to see where some config variable is used etc.

    So I was more wondering whether maybe there could be better ways of doing
    that whole thing.

    Linus

      Last update: 2008-04-02 16:53    [W:0.020 / U:2.232 seconds]